Excellent game for finger strengthening. We recommend buying this product with a comfy pencil grip to ensure the tripod grip is used and strengthened during play. The pen included is round and slippy and would be hard to hold onto for many Dyspraxics. We added a grip and it was perfect. We have included an option to purchase this item with a grip for your convenience.
The game comes with 16 really big quality pattern cards which come with increasing difficulty levels. There are 18 laces in 9 bright colours and an instruction sheet. Freestyle play should be encouraged. The cover of this product makes it look like it’s for young people but I would strongly argue against this impression. Hide the box from your older child and they will love the play/therapy they get from this especially as there is no handwriting involved! This is also really good for encouraging tummy time as the picture below shows – often a position many Dyspraxic kids do not enjoy – they’ll get some great shoulder strengthening from it used this way – another handwriting benefit!
- NEW value classroom string lacing activity set includes enough pieces for up to four children to play at once;
- Four sturdy design boards
- Four punch pens
- 40 laces; four each of red, pink, green, brown, blue, purple, yellow, black, orange and turquoise blue
- Eight double-sided pattern cards (16 patterns in total)
- Boards measure 20cm square