Purpose: To develop and strengthen visual perception skills, visual-motor coordination and fine motor control, through learning to construct a pattern.
- It is recommended that your child starts by playing freely with the pegs on the grip board. When using the design cards, construction can be done in four ways:
- Matching: The child places a card on the grip board and constructs the pattern on the board matching the colours.
- Copying: The child places a card alongside the gripboard and constructs the pattern on the board, putting the pegs in the correct position.
- Visual recall construction: The child studies the pattern and constructs it on the board from memory.
- Construction following instructions: The child listens to a description of a pattern without seeing it and constructs the pattern on the board with the pegs. The child then compares the results with the pattern described. Supports memory skills.
- Use concepts such as up, down, near, far, horizontal, line, vertical, column, next to, space, diagonal, right, left – really helps to introduce our learners to early maths vocabulary and positioning. Love this product for so many reasons…
Clever game – robust pegs are beautifully crafted to suit the size of children’s fingers and offer a good resistance for finger strengthening and coordination. Brightly coloured too. Quality plastic gripboard. Wish we’d found this when Oli was younger!